FRIENDS Fan Fiction

Episode  - 704

TOW Monica Forgets

 

By: Mercedes

 

Disclaimer: These characters do not belong to me but to Bright, Kaufman and Crane Productions and to Warner Bros. Their use is not intended for profit, only for entertainment.

 

Note: This episode takes place approximately a week after the last episode. The story so far: Ross asked Rachel to get back together, she refused saying that their friendship was more important to her. Monica and Chandler are preparing for the wedding. Jack, Monica and Ross’s dad was rushed into hospital with a heart attack. He has to stay there for some time and they are not sure whether he will be able to make it to the wedding which worries Monica. Monica had an argument with Rachel because Rachel told Joey what had happened with her and Ross before telling her. But by now they have made up. Oh and by the way, about later in the episode, I don’t know how much suits are and I’ve probably put closer to what it is in pounds so just imagine it as a suitable price.

 

Cast – Jennifer Aniston as Rachel, Courteney Cox as Monica, Lisa Kudrow as Phoebe, Matt LeBlanc as Joey, Matthew Perry as Chandler and David Schwimmer as Ross.

 

Woody Harrelson is Tailor

………… is Will Stanley

 

Scene 1 – Monica and Chandler’s apartment. Chandler and Joey are watching a basketball game. They are the only two there.

 

Joey: Hey, do you mind if I have another beer?

Chandler: Go ahead.

 

Joey: Thanks. So, how’s Monica doing? I mean with her dad.

 

Chandler: She’s not too bad. She doesn’t like to talk about it much but she likes it when I tell her it’s going to be ok.

 

Joey: Oh. And do you know how Ross and Rachel are?

Chandler: They’re trying to avoid the whole subject. It’s kinda awkward.

Joey: And Phoebe?

Chandler: Joey? Haven’t you been here for the last week?

 

OPENING CREDITS

 

Scene 2 – Central Perk. Monica and Rachel are there talking about the wedding, they’ve made up.

 

Monica: I need to go down to The Plaza today to organise the reception.

 

Rachel: Ooooh, the Plaza?

Monica: Yeah, I figured that that’s the only way to beat Ross. You know, ‘cause Montgomery Hall was beautiful and I want to make it spectacular.

 

Rachel: You know that you’re supposed to be arranging this based upon what you and Chandler want. Not being competitive with Ross. Anyway, you’ve already won because you know that you’re going to go through with it.

 

Monica: Yeah, I guess. But still it would be nice to have a reception there. Anyway, so I have to go down there later today. It’s pretty popular, I’ll have to get down there before 3.

 

Rachel: Ok, well, that’s in like an hour.

 

Monica: Yeah, so we’ve got to hurry. We’ve got to get to the dress shop before it closes.

 

Rachel: Well, let’s go now then. I’ve got to get back to the office by 2.20.

 

(They exit).

 

Scene 3 – Chandler and Joey are now watching some program.

 

Chandler: Oh, crap. I’m supposed to be getting my wedding suit fitted.

 

Joey: Oh, yeah. Hey maybe I can come along. Get me one of those babies.

 

Chandler: Ok.

 

Joey: Hey, shall we phone Ross. Ask him to come. He’s been kinda sad lately.

 

Chandler: If you want.

 

Joey: Cool. (Reaches over to the phone and dials Ross.) Hey. It’s me. I was wondering whether you would like to come with me and Chandler. We’re going suit shopping. (pause). Ok, see you then. (hangs up). (to Chandler) yeah, he’s coming over. So what do you think, blue or green?

 

Chandler: Blue or green what?

 

Joey: Suit.

 

On Chandler’s “taken-aback” face it cuts to:

 

Scene 4 – Monica and Rachel are in the wedding dress store. Rachel is the only one in the room. She is looking at a dress as though it were a scene being played in front of her. Then Monica enters in a lovely white dress. It is a simple but elegant silk dress. Rachel gasps.

 

Rachel: Wow. You look amazing.

 

Monica: Oh my god. (almost in tears) I’m so happy.

 

Rachel: (almost in tears also) And I’m so happy FOR you.

 

Monica: This is the one.

 

Rachel: (laughing slightly) Well, I should hope so. This is like the thirtieth one you’ve tried.

 

Monica: It’s a tough decision. This is my wedding dress.

 

Rachel: I know. (looks at her watch) Oh shoot. Look at the time. I’ve got to go. But I’ll see you later yeah?

 

Monica: Yeah. I should probably get out of this before the woman thinks I’m trying to steal it.

 

Rachel: Ok. Bye. (she exits.)

(Monica looks at the dress again in the mirror.)

Monica: (suddenly) I’m so beautiful!

 

Cut to:

Scene 5 – Chandler, Joey and Ross walk into a tailor shop.

 

Chandler: Hey you know where this reminds me of?

 

Joey & Ross: No, where?

Chandler: (his face suddenly goes serious as though remembering something horrible) Joey’s tailor.

 

Joey: I didn’t know ok? That was how I was brought up.

 

(The tailor walks over)

 

Tailor: Hello?

 

Chandler: Hi, I’m Mr. Bing. I’ve come for the wedding suit to be fitted.

 

Tailor: Oh yes. Mr. Bing (making the “Bing” very loud).

 

Chandler: Oh, we’re going to get on!

 

Joey: Uh…yeah. We’re here to check out some suits as best men.

 

Tailor: You’re both the best men?

Ross: Well, I’m actually the best man but he needs a suit like mine.

 

Tailor: Right ok. So, about the groom’s suit.

 

Chandler: Yes!

 

Tailor: I’ll just get it from the back. (exits)

(While he is away Joey is looking around and finds something to play with. The tailor returns with tape and some material.)

 

Tailor: Here it is. Now, would you like grey or black?

 

Chandler: Ummm, I think I’ll have black.

 

Tailor: Ok. Now if you could just stand on that block there.

 

Chandler: Alrighty-ho. (then realizes what he has said). Or I could just say alright.

(he mounts the box. The tailor starts measuring the leg).

 

Joey: Sorry, but do you think you have this material in a pale blue or dark green?

 

Tailor: I’m sorry we only stock it in black, grey, navy and cream.

 

Chandler: And I thank you for that.

 

Tailor: Ok. I’ve got your measurements. When would you like this ready for?

Chandler: I’d say April. That way it’s definitely going to be ready for the wedding.

 

Tailor: Ok. That’ll be $140. 

 

Joey: (extremely shocked) You have to pay?

 

COMMERCIAL BREAK

 

Scene 6 – Monica and Chandler’s apt. Chandler, Joey and Ross are there sitting down…again! They’re just drinking beers and discussing the wedding. Monica enters.

 

Monica: Hi sweetie. (Goes over and kisses Chandler.)

 

Chandler: Hey honey.

 

Monica: You will not believe how beautiful the bridesmaid’s dresses are! Well, what happened was, I chose a wedding dress. And I was just about to go when I saw this woman brought out this gorgeous material. I asked her whether she had any dresses in it. And she said yes. And the design of the dresses is perfect. I’ve got one for Rachel, one for Phoebe and one for Carol.

 

Ross: Carol’s going to a bridesmaid?

 

Monica: Yeah. Didn’t I tell you? Oh well, I just thought that it would be nice, you know, for Ben as well.

 

Ross: I’d be there to take him up though.

 

Monica: Yeah, but you know. It’s his mommy.

 

Chandler: Ok, let’s not get worried about it. So, Mon, how much is the Plaza?

 

Monica: What?

Chandler: You know. How much do I have to pay for the Plaza reception?

 

Monica: Oh god.

 

Chandler: Oh god what?

 

Monica: Uh…Chandler…sweetie…please don’t be mad.

 

Chandler: What is it?

 

Monica: I forgot. I forgot to go.

 

Chandler: What? You forgot to book our reception at the most popular location in the city?

 

Monica: Well, I wouldn’t say MOST popula…ok. I screwed up, I’m sorry.

 

Chandler: That’s ok. We’ll just have to find somewhere else.

 

Monica: No it’s not ok. I wanted our wedding to be perfect and I messed up. If anyone had messed up I would have thought it would be you.

 

Chandler: Well, thanks.

 

Monica: No, I’m going to go into my room. I’m a bit tired you know. And this has just put me in a really bad mood.

 

Chandler: Ok.

 

(she exits)

Ross: Whoa. What are you going to do?

 

Chandler: I don’t know…there’s nothing I can do…no…wait, yeah. Ok, if Monica comes out then don’t tell her where I’ve gone. Ok?

Ross: Where have you gone?

Chandler: (not getting it) That’s the idea!

(he gets his jacket on in a rush and runs out)

 

Ross: So, where did he go?

(Joey shrugs)

 

Scene 6 – Phoebe’s apt. Phoebe is there reading a book. The phone rings. She jumps slightly.

 

Phoebe: (into phone) Oh, hey Mon! (pause) Oh. That’s too bad. What are you going to do now? (pause) Well, I’m sure Chandler will have an idea. (pause) Do you want me to come over? (pause) Ok, see you in a second. Bye.

(She hangs up. Then she puts her book down and then looks round the door into her bedroom.)
Ok, I’m going to go meet my friend. Will you be ok here until I get back?

(Camera cuts to see that there is a guy in the bed; Will)

 

Will: Ok. See you later.

 

Phoebe: Ok but don’t call me there because they still don’t know about you. (goes over and kisses him.)

 

Will: Bye. Love you.

 

Phoebe: Love you too.

 

Scene 7 – Monica and Chandler’s Apt. Joey and Ross are there. They are still pretty much talking about the same thing.

 

Ross: Oh shoot. I’m s’posed to be meeting my mom in like 8 minutes. We’re going to visit dad. He’s half conscious now. Which is good.

 

Joey: Ok, see you later.

 

(Ross leaves. Joey gets up and goes to get another beer. Once he has sat down again Phoebe comes in)

Joey: Hey Pheebs. What are you doing here?

 

Phoebe: Monica asked me round. Where is she?

Joey: She’s been in there for the last 15 minutes.

 

Phoebe: Ok. Thanks. Hey what are you doing here on your own?

 

Joey: Well, actually Ross just left. I’ve kinda been abandoned.

 

Phoebe: Yeah he let me in. Well, I think I should go to see her now.

 

Joey: Wow, she’s really taken this badly.

 

Phoebe: Yeah, well, this is Monica, you know. This will be one of the most important days of her life.

(Monica enters)

Monica: I thought I heard you.

 

Phoebe: How are you?

 

Monica: I’m okay now. Hey Joe, where’s Chandler?

Joey: Don’t know, he just took off.

 

Monica: That’s nice. I’m very upset and he just leaves me.

 

Joey: I dunno, he seemed to think this would cheer you up.

 

Monica: Oh. Anyway, Pheebs, you want to go shopping now?

Phoebe: Ready.

 

Monica: K, let me just get my coat and purse.

 

Phoebe: Ok.

(Monica goes into her room. As she goes in Chandler rushes through the front door. He looks for Monica).

 

Phoebe: Oh hey Chandler. Monica’s quite upset that you took off without telling her you know.

 

Chandler: Oh. Well, not for long.

 

(Monica enters)

Monica: Hey sweetie. Where did you go?

 

Chandler: I saved the day.

 

Monica: What?

 

Chandler: Ok, there’s this guy at my office who’s wife is the secretary at The Plaza. So I went down to the office and gave them all information and we have a wedding reception booked for May 15th at the Plaza, half price.

 

Monica: Are you a hero! (she kisses him)

 

Chandler: I knew there was some way in which I could help make this wedding better.

 

Monica: You did the moment you proposed.

 

Phoebe: Oh don’t get too soppy!

(Monica and Chandler look at her, annoyed a little)

 

ENDING CREDITS

Scene 8 – Monica and Chandler’s apt. On the balcony though. Everyone is there but Rachel. Rachel comes in through the window.

 

Rachel: Oh my god! You will not believe what has happened!

 

Monica: What? What?

 

Rachel: Well, I was in my office. Then Mr. Zelner comes in and tells me that if I want I can have my own assistant.

 

Phoebe: Oh, that is so cool! You’re going to be able to like boss someone around!

Rachel: I know. Isn’t this job perfect for me?

 

THE END