TOW Everything is Right

 

 

This is a fic about the long awaited wedding of Ross Geller and Rachel Green.  The wedding takes place near the end of the series of the show.  All main characters belong to Kauffman, Crane, and Bright.

 

Before the fic starts, here is a recap of the events that leads to the most anticipated wedding of the year:

 

 

-Joey told Rachel about the ring and was sorry for the “fake” proposal.

 

-Rachel thanked Joey for the truth and apologized to Joey for the misunderstanding.

 

-Ross did not see the proposal between Joey and Rachel; the flowers were for Monica for giving the name of Emma to him and Rachel.

 

-Rachel tells Joey not to mention the proposal to anyone, especially Ross; Joey disagrees, but says yes.

 

-Rachel and Ross finally confront each other about their everlasting relationship.

 

-A revelation came to the surface and both Ross and Rachel were stunned by how they really felt about each other.

 

 

-Rachel:  What does this mean Ross?

 

-Ross:  I think it means we’re supposed to be together.

 

-Rachel:  Is this what you want?

 

-Ross:  Is this what YOU want?

 

-Rachel:  Yes.

 

-Ross:  Then this is what I want.

 

 

-After that, they kissed, knowing that this single kiss is what will keep them together.

 

-Soon after their announcement to their friends and family members, Ross and Rachel went home with Emma.

 

-However, everyone thought something was missing, especially Rachel.

 

-She began thinking about when Ross was going to propose to her, because he still had his grandmother’s engagement ring.

 

-Rachel brought the question up to Ross; Ross told Rachel that he was happy the way things are now; Rachel agreed because she did not want another fight with Ross, and to some degree, she was happy living with Ross and Emma.

 

-The proposal question was not brought up anymore, Rachel seemed to forget about it, and no one talked about it….

 

-Until one early evening when the gang was in Central Perk talking about nothing.  Ross Excused himself to go to the restroom.  Suddenly music covered Central Perk.  “My Girl” by The Temptations was all around the coffee shop.  Ross came out of the restroom dressed in a tux and started singing the verse and chorus of the song.  Everyone there was in awe of the situation.  All the friends were smiling, although Rachel’s smile was one of embarrassment.  However, she unexpectedly knew what was coming and was thrilled and so happy.  After a verse or two, Ross stopped singing, but you could still hear the song in the background.  He, in his tuxedo, told Rachel, who was wearing jeans and a shirt, to come over to him behind the big couch.  At that point, with everyone watching them, Ross spoke…

 

-Ross:  I don’t know why I’m nervous about this, I’ve been married 3 times already, but I guess I’m nervous because it’s you, and maybe that there are about 25 people watching us right now.  Anyone who knows me knows that I can’t stand to lose anything.  From a poker game to a monkey to the greatest love I’ve ever had.  Well, I did lose at a poker game, I did lose my monkey, but I’ll be damned if I ever lose you Rachel.  There is nothing in life I want more than to be the person of your life.  I know that we’ve had many opportunities in the past to be where we are today, but we failed them.  I guess that builds character, because we’ve never given up on the chance to be with one another.  (He kneels down, while she starts to cry).  Here I am to ask you to give us another try at something we know is right.  (He takes the ring out of his pocket and holds it to her hand.  At this time, Rachel is shaking).  I’ve should have done this 6 years ago.  Rachel Green, will you be my wife?

 

-Rachel:  (Sobbing) Yes.

 

 

-Those events have led up to this wedding day, the day where everything is right.

 

 

-A beautiful day in New York City has given Ross and Rachel a sign that this is going to be their perfect wedding day.  As the sun continues to rise from the east, Ross gets up at his apartment to find Chandler and Joey asleep on his couch.

 

 

Ross:  Chandler, Joey, get up.

 

Chandler:  What time is it?

 

Ross:  9:06

 

Joey:  What, there’s a 9:06 in the morning!?

 

Ross:  Yes, come on, we have to get ready.

 

Chandler:  Five more minutes.

 

Joey:  Yeah, please Ross.

 

Ross:  Okay, you guys, five more minutes.

 

 

-Ross joins Chandler and Joey on the couch and they sit there for a minute, then all three of them fall asleep.  Chandler, who’s in the middle, has Ross’s head on his left shoulder, and Joey’s head is on Chandler’s right shoulder.

 

-Rachel and Emma spent the night at Monica and Chandler’s.  Rachel, who woke up at 8:30, began filing her nails in the kitchen.  Phoebe then comes in the apartment.

 

 

Rachel:  Hey!

 

Phoebe:  Hey!  So, are you nervous?

 

Rachel:  No, just ready and really excited. 

 

Phoebe:  About the wedding?

 

Rachel:  Yes, and about marrying Ross.

 

Phoebe:  I don’t know why you’re excited, it’s not like you haven’t married Ross before.  And this is like your third wedding, so of course you’re ready.  You know just as much as Ross as what to do today.

 

Rachel:  (Stares at Phoebe) Well, I guess you’re right.  I guess we’re perfect for each other then. 

 

Phoebe:  Awww.  That’s wonderful!

 

Rachel:  Thanks, Pheebs. 

 

 

-Monica then walks out of her room and into the kitchen.

 

 

Monica:  Hey everyone, Rachel, are you excited!?

 

Rachel:  Yes.

 

Monica:  Well, let’s get started, Phoebe, go get the dress and loosen all the wrinkles, Rachel, get you make-up kit and I’ll go and get the hair accessories.  Come on people, move it, move it, move it!

 

Phoebe:  Are you sure this is not her wedding?

 

 

-It is 10:18 and the guys are still asleep on the couch.  Chandler begins to wake up and feels that his shoulders are a bit heavy.  He turns his head and notices Ross and Joey’s head are on his shoulders.  He pops right up and screams.

 

 

Chandler:  What the hell are we doing!?

 

Joey:  What are you talking about and why are you yelling at us?

 

Chandler:  We were touching each other!

 

 

-Ross and Joey look at each other.

 

 

Ross and Joey:  So?

 

Chandler:  That’s disgusting!

 

Joey:  Have you ever tried to sleep with Ross or me.  I mean we are so comfortable, Ross has the softest chest, and my arms can do wonders!

 

Chandler:  This is not happening!

 

Ross:  Chandler, what Joey meant was that it is okay for us to…. Oh my god, look at the time! 

 

Joey:  Relax Ross, we still have plenty of time, you’re wedding doesn’t start until 12:00.  Sit down with us and relax.

 

Ross:  Okay, your right, I need to relax, this is my wedding day, and I need to relax.

 

Joey:  Yeah, you do, because in less than 2 hours you will be married to the woman of your dreams.  You know that barely happens to anyone. 

 

Ross:  Thank you, Joey.

 

Chandler:  So no second thoughts?

 

Ross:  No, I was going over things in my mind last night about all the problems that could occur if we got married, but I went to sleep dreaming and thinking about Rachel and Emma.  And when I woke up, I knew that this is the best decision I will ever make.

 

Chandler:  What did you dream about?

 

Ross:  I dreamt that we bought a huge house in Scarsdale, and how us three would eat dinner on our porch outside in the summer.  And on rainy days, we would play Monopoly.  On weekends we would go the park and the zoo, and then we would go visit you guys.  Also, I would come home from work and see Rachel and Emma on the floor playing, then both coming to me and saying hello, then we would all play together.

 

Chandler:  That, that was beautiful. (Starts to weep)

 

Joey:  (Weeping also) See, that’s what I want!

 

Ross:  (Smiles) Those two girls to me are what’s important.

 

 

-Chandler and Joey smile.  Then the 3 amigos got up and went to get ready.

 

-Over at Monica’s, all three girls are there helping Rachel do her hair, make-up and nails.  Emma is on a little rocker next to Rachel.

 

 

Monica:  I cannot believe you dreamt that!  That is so beautiful.

 

Rachel:  I know.  It’s just, everything is just fitting into place, you know.  Listen, I know that my dream may not mean anything, but it has to be a sigh that everything is going to be alright, isn’t it?

 

Monica and Phoebe:  Of course/Sure.

 

Rachel:  It’s just that it seems my life is coming into perspective.  Having this little angel, and marring Ross today, gave me my answer of what my life is going to be like.  For the rest of my life, I will have Ross and Emma at my side.

 

Phoebe:  Is that what you want for the rest of your life?

 

Rachel:  Yes.

 

Phoebe:  That’s beautiful, but I gotta say, you’ve been saying the word yes a lot.  Maybe that’s why you were pregnant, and had sex with Ross hundreds of times.

 

 

-Rachel smiles at Phoebe.

 

-At Ross’s place, the guys are running around trying to get ready.

 

 

Chandler:  Where is my tie?  Joey where is my tie!?

 

Joey:  I don’t know.  I’m still trying to fix my tie.

 

Chandler:  It’s a clip-on tie, Joe. It’s a clip-on tie.

 

Ross:  Joey, I think I have on your jacket.

 

Joey:  (Pauses) Oh thank God, I thought I was shrinking.

 

Ross:  Are you guys ready yet?  We have to be there in half and hour.

 

Chandler:  Yes, I found it!  My tie!  Yes, everything is coming together now.  (Pauses) Uh, Ross?

 

Ross:  What?

 

Chandler:  Can you tie my tie?

 

 

-At Monica’s place, Rachel’s Mom and sisters are there along with Monica’s Mom.

 

 

Monica:  Are we all ready to leave!?

 

All:  Yes!

 

Monica:  Okay, let’s move it, move it, move it! 

 

Mrs. Green:  I feel so sorry for Chandler right now.

 

Rachel:  I know, we all do.

 

Mrs. Green:  You look so beautiful, and Ross is so lucky to have you.

 

Rachel:  Thank you, Mom.  I lucky to have him too.  And I lucky to have this little bundle of joy in my life.  I love you Emma, Mommy loves you so much.

 

Mrs. Green:  Congratulations on getting what you want in life, sweetheart.

 

Rachel:  Thank you, Mom.

 

 

-They smile and Emma giggles as three Green generations leave the apartment for the wedding destination.

 

-We are at the wedding site as friends and family members start to walk towards their sitting arrangements.  The wind is blowing causing the lilies and satin laces to fly around the wedding area.  At the bottom of the cliff, you can hear the water crash into the jagged rocks, causing a beautiful sound of the ocean.  On the side of the ceremonial area, there is a white tent where Rachel is getting ready.

 

 

Mrs. Green:  I still can’t believe you two are having a wedding by the sea.  That is so romantic. 

 

Rachel:  Thank you, Mom.  I can’t believe we could have a wedding next to a cliff.

 

Monica:  It will be so beautiful when the wedding starts, I know you will begin to cry when you see the Atlantic Ocean in the background.  And Ross of course.

 

Rachel:  Thanks, Mon.  So are we ready, has Ross arrived yet?

 

 

-Ross and the guys, including Ross Father and Rachel’s Dad are in a limo going to the wedding.

 

 

Chandler:  Don’t worry Ross, we’ll be there as soon as we fix the flat tire.

 

Joey:  Yeah, don’t worry Ross, as soon as AAA can come here and give us another tire, or if we flag down someone to give us the exact same tire as the limo’s then we can get to the wedding.  Also, if we had a cell phone, we could call AAA, or the police.  Who knew that we all forgot our cell phones, and who knew that this is the day the driver forgot his. 

 

Ross:  Yes Joey, who knew.  (Pause) This is great, I’m supposed to be there right now. 

 

Mr. Geller:  Don’t worry Ross, you’ll still have a chance to say the wrong person’s name at your wedding.

 

Ross:  Thanks Dad.

 

Chandler:  Maybe, we can walk to the ceremony, how far is it?

 

Dr. Green:  About 15 miles.

 

Chandler:  Okay, so we’ll wait right here.

 

 

-At the ceremony.

 

 

Rachel:  What’s going on, where’s my father, where’s Joey and Chandler.  And where ROSS!?

 

Usher:  I’m sorry, I don’t know, they haven’t arrived yet.

 

Rachel:  What?  What do you mean they haven’t arrived yet?

 

Usher:  Like I said, there is no word on the limo that took them.

 

Rachel:  Okay, I’m going to freak out now, Mon., get the tissues, Pheebs, get the barf bag, and Mom, get me a gun so I can shoot Ross when he does decide to come to our wedding.

 

Monica:  Don’t worry about it Rach.  Ross could have cold feet.

 

Phoebe:  Monica, get serious, he’s done it three times before.

 

Monica:  Well maybe, maybe he got lost.

 

Rachel:  Maybe you’re right, maybe you’re right.

 

Monica:  Of course I’m right.

 

Rachel:  And if your not, then Mom get me that gun.

 

 

-At the side of the road.

 

 

Ross:  This is unbelievable.  I cannot believe this is happening to me.

 

Joey:  Really?  Because I could imagine this happening to you.

 

Ross:  What are you talking about Joey?

 

Joey:  Your first wedding, your wife became a lesbian, you said the wrong name at your second wedding, and you got drunk and got married in Vegas on your third wedding.

 

Mr. Geller:  The man has a point.

 

Joey:  And this wedding, you’ll probably show up an hour or two late.  It makes perfect sense.

 

Ross:  Okay, everyone be quiet for a moment so I can think.  (Pauses) Wait!  I got it, I saw that we’ve passed a gas station a mile or two back there.  I’m going to run and call Rachel, and call the police.

 

Chandler:  Good idea.

 

Ross:  Okay, wish me luck.

 

All:  Good Luck!

 

 

-Ross leaves the limo and runs to the gas station.

 

 

Chandler:  Do you think he’ll make it?

 

Joey:  I don’t know, I saw the gas station too, but I think it was 5 or 6 miles back, and I think it was closed-down.

 

Chandler:  Okay, so for Ross’s next wedding, I think I’ll wear a white tux instead of a black one.

 

 

-It is 12:37.  Rachel is in the tent waiting for Ross to come.  The guests waiting outside are impatient and starting to wonder if there will be a wedding.

 

 

Monica:  I just hope Ross and the guys get here soon.

 

Phoebe:  I know, otherwise I want a crack at shooting Ross.

 

 

-On the shoulder of the road, Ross is now walking towards the gas station.  He has ran about two miles and has not seen the gas station.  Back at the limo, the guys are there just sitting and standing outside the limo.  Joey is trying to pull over some cars, but all have passed him.

 

 

Joey:  Why are these people so rude?

 

Chandler:  (Takes a sign that Joey made) Maybe because your sign says, “We need a lift, we are not murderers.”

 

Joey:  But were not!

 

Chandler:  (To the driver) Okay you have cardboard and magic markers, but no cell phones!? 

 

Driver:  Sorry.

 

Chandler:  That’s it, I’m never going to order a limo that advertises at a Taco Bell again.

 

Dr. Green:  Wait, look at that!  It’s a police car.  Pull him to the side, Italian man!

 

Joey:  Hey, over here, over here.  We’re not murderers!

 

All:  Shut up Joey!

 

 

-At the ceremony, it has been over an hour since Rachel and Ross were supposed to be married.  Rachel is still in her tent, now crying a little bit and holding Emma.  Monica and Phoebe walk in.

 

 

Monica:  I’m sorry sweetie.  Is there anything we can do?

 

Rachel:  I just don’t get it, where is he?  Doesn’t he want to marry me, doesn’t he want to be with Emma and me?

 

Monica:  Of course he does, I told you, maybe he and the guys got lost.  Rachel, I know it looks bad, but Ross would never leave you and Emma.  Trust me, there is a good explanation for this.  And if there isn’t, after you shoot him, then after Phoebe shoots him, I want a turn.

 

 

-Rachel smiles and they hug.

 

 

Phoebe:  Don’t worry Rachel, everything will be fine in the end.

 

Rachel:  Thanks you guys.

 

Usher:  Um, excuse me, a police car has arrived.

 

Rachel:  Oh my God!

 

Usher:  No, no!  The best men and your fathers have arrived.  The limo they took had a flat.

 

Monica:  Oh thank God.

 

Rachel:  Is Ross there?

 

Usher:  Um, I don’t think I saw him.

 

All:  What!

 

Usher:  Please don’t yell at me, yell at Mr. Geller!

 

 

-Rachel and the girls got out of the tent and went to the police car.  Chandler, Joey, Mr. Geller, and Dr. Green came out along with the limo driver.  But Ross was nowhere to be seen.

 

 

Phoebe:  I’m so glad you guys could come!

 

Chandler:  Well, you know how we like to make an entrance!

 

Rachel:  Chandler, where’s Ross?  Tell me he’s coming and tell me he’s not having second thoughts about his wedding!

 

Chandler:  Rachel, he’s not here?  I thought he-

 

Rachel:  I knew it, I told you Mon; he left me.

 

Chandler:  What, no, he just went to a gas station because after the limo had a flat tire, he didn’t want to sit around for help to come, so he took off and a short time later, a cop drove by and picked us up.  We went looking for Ross but couldn’t find him, so we figured he found a ride and was going to be here when we got here.

 

Monica:  So where is he now?

 

 

-At the closed-down gas station, we could see a well-dressed man sitting and leaning on the side of a dumpster.  It was Ross and he looked tired.  Joey was right, the gas station was 5 miles from the limo and it was closed-down.  Suddenly the exact cop car that drove the guys to the wedding pulled up into the gas station and the police officer saw the groom-to-be.

 

 

Officer:  Hey, are you Ross Geller?

 

Ross:  Yes, are you going to arrest me for trespassing? 

 

Officer:  (Smiles) Yes, but first you have to get married.

 

Ross:  What?

 

Officer:  Your friend Joey told me that you would be here.  And your wife-to-be is waiting for you to marry her.

 

Ross:  Really?

 

Officer:  Yes, let’s go.

 

Ross:  I don’t know, I’m already two hours late.  This doesn’t look good for me.

 

Officer:  Come on, this is your wedding day, you will never have another chance like this again.

 

Ross:  I’m Ross Geller!  I married a lesbian, said the wrong name at the altar, and got married drunk in Vegas.  Oh, and I’ve been divorced 3 times.

 

Officer:  (Pauses) Wow!  I’m impressed.  So you don’t want to get married?

 

Ross:  Of course I do, but I wanted it to be perfect.

 

Officer:  Trust me, it seems as though this wedding is not going to be perfect.

 

Ross:  I just thought if my wedding was perfect then my marriage would be perfect too.

 

Officer:  Okay, listen, when I married my wife, our wedding was nowhere near perfect.  But that was just one day.  The days after that, my life was perfect because I married the right woman.  Who cares about the wedding day, it’s the days that come after that count.  Now you have a beautiful bride waiting for you, are you going to go or not?

 

Ross:  (Pauses) Thank you.  Yes, let’s go.

 

 

-The time is 2:15.  The friends and family members are surprisingly still there.  Rachel is in the tent waiting anxiously for Ross to show up.  She knows that he will show up.  Outside, the gang waits for Ross.

 

 

Chandler:  I don’t think I’m going to go to anymore of Ross’ weddings.  I just don’t like surprises, and I hate waiting.

 

Monica:  I just hope he comes soon, otherwise this wedding will be a disaster.

 

Chandler:  When did you think this wedding was not a disaster?  Was it when the limo got a flat, or when we were an hour and a half late, or when Ross hasn’t shown up yet?

 

Phoebe:  Maybe it’s when we found out that this priest charges by the hour.

 

Joey:  Wait, do you see what I see!?

 

Chandler:  The 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse, coming to take this wedding to hell?

 

Joey:  No, it’s a police car!

 

Monica:  Joey’s right, God I hope he has Ross.

 

 

-The police car stops and we do finally see Ross at his wedding.

 

 

Monica:  Thank God you’ve made it.

 

Ross:  What, I’m only 2 hours and 20 minutes late; (pauses) damn, that is pretty late!  Sorry.

 

Monica:  Sorry, you’re sorry, do you know what you have put me through!?  I mean, what you have put Rachel through?

 

Ross:  Again, I’m sorry.

 

Officer:  Yeah, give the man a break, this isn’t his fault. 

 

Ross:  Thank you, officer, would you like to stay for the wedding?

 

Officer:  Well, I’m supposed to find this axe murderer, so I guess I should get going.

 

Ross:  Well, thank you for everything, from the ride to the talk.

 

Officer:  You’re welcome.  Now go and get married already.

 

Ross:  Okay.  Bye.

 

Officer:  Good-bye and good luck.

 

 

-The officer leaves and Monica and Phoebe go to the tent to tell Rachel the good news. 

 

 

Monica:  Rachel, Rachel?

 

Rachel:  What?

 

Phoebe:  Guess who’s here!?

 

Rachel:  Is he here?

 

Monica and Phoebe:  Yes!

 

Rachel:  Good, get me my gun!

 

Monica:  Come on, he’s sorry for being fashionably late.  He’s waiting for you at the altar.

 

Rachel:  (Smiles) He is? 

 

Monica:  Yes, now go and marry him so you can be my sister-in-law.

 

Rachel:  Okay.  Thanks you guys.

 

 

-Rachel gives Emma to Monica and leaves the tent.  As she turns the corner to walk down the aisle, she finally sees her future husband.  Ross sees Rachel in her beautiful wedding gown and smiles.  Rachel takes Dr. Green’s arm and “Here Comes the Bride” starts to play.  Monica walks down the aisle first with Chandler; they are also pushing Emma in a white satin stroller.  Joey and Phoebe follow them arm in arm.  Next came the ring bearer, Ben.  Then the bride-to-be walks down the aisle.  As Rachel continues to walk, family members and friends smile and sob over how beautiful she is and how beautiful the day has been.  The wait has been worth the while.  As Rachel gets closer to Ross, she does notice the ocean in the background, but it’s the sight of Ross that makes her cry.  As Dr. Green gives Rachel’s hand to Ross’s, the sun starts to get lost in the mist of white clouds, and the wind begins to blow softly through the edge of the cliff. 

 

-The time has come for two more soul mates to get married.

 

-As Rachel and Ross lock eyes, Ross mouths, “sorry” to Rachel, and she whispers, “it’s okay” to him.  They both smile and the priest begins….

 

 

Father:  We are finally gathered here today to celebrate the joyous union of Ross Geller and Rachel Green.  I have done many wedding ceremonies in the past, but this so far has been the longest.  During the time we’ve waited for Ross to come here, I was told about the history of you two.  To my surprise, I couldn’t believe all the things that you two went through to get here.  Maybe this is why this wedding is also the most special ceremony I’ve been to.  Congratulations you two.  And hopefully, this is the last wedding for you Ross.   (Everyone Smiles) Before I continue with the ceremony, I would like to ask anyone in attendance if the union of Ross and Rachel is unholy?  (Pauses) All right, let us begin, I-

 

Person:  Wait!

 

Chandler:  Of course this would happen on Ross’s wedding.

 

 

-Everyone turns around to see who said that.

 

 

Person:  I don’t think Ross should be with Rachel.

 

 

-Julie comes into the aisle

 

 

Julie:  Ross and Rachel should not be together.

 

Rachel:  What!?

 

Ross:  Julie?  What, what , what, what, what, what, what are you doing here?

 

Julie:  Everyone, I would like you all to know that Ross and Rachel are bad people.

 

 

-Everyone is stunned.  Rachel is getting upset, and Ross’s mouth drops straight to the floor.

 

 

Julie:  Ross and I used to go out, but we broke up because he was still in love with Rachel.  He dumped me right before we got a cat.  And Rachel, you didn’t help out our relationship either.  I knew all along that you wanted me out of his life.  You didn’t care if he was happy, just as long as you weren’t sad.  You-

 

Rachel:  Now hold on a minute!  That story is not true!

 

Julie:  Oh really, did he still love you?

 

Rachel:  (Pauses) Well…

 

Julie:  Did he dump me and go straight to you?

 

Rachel:  So I…

 

Julie:  And did you try and ruin our relationship so he would fall for you!?

 

Ross:  Now Julie stop it!  This is not Rachel’s fault.  She-

 

Rachel:  No, Ross.  I want to tell her and everyone the truth.  I don’t want any lies before we get married.

 

Julie:  …If you do get married.

 

Rachel:  Okay, listen you, all right, I did try to ruin your relationship!  Even though you were a nice person, I still hated you because you had Ross and I didn’t.  But that was a long time ago, and Ross chose me in the end and not you.  I didn’t tell him to make that decision; he made it for himself.  I also resent you for telling us that we are bad people.  We are not bad people; we were just confused as to where we stood towards each other.  Now, I’m sorry if what we did seemed mean.  But I’m not sorry that Ross and I are together.  Now you can sit down and be apart of this wedding or Monica and Pheebs can personally escort you out!

 

Monica:  (To Julie) I like your dress.

 

Phoebe:  (To Julie) You look great!

 

Julie:  How can you people just sit there and-

 

Person:  Stop it!  It’s my turn now.

 

Rachel and Ross:  Barry!?

 

Barry:  Yes it’s me.  First of all, I had to wait in the back for quite a while.  Geez Ross, were you ever going to come to your wedding? 

 

 

-Rachel and Ross are stunned, and everyone else is just looking back and forth at the person talking.

 

 

Rachel:  Barry?  What are you doing here?

 

Barry:  What does it look like.  I’m doing what Julie is doing.

 

Chandler:  Making a huge scene?

 

Barry:  Everyone, I also think these two should not be together. 

 

Father:  Big surprise, son.

 

Barry:  They don’t deserve to be together because it won’t work out for them.  Rachel, you are so spoiled, and uncommitted to anyone.  Did everyone know that she left me at our wedding?  Yeah, she took off without telling me or anyone.  And Ross, your just a geek!

 

Rachel:  Hey, those are not legitimate reasons for us not to be together.  Everyone knows that I’m spoiled and that Ross is a geek, but I’m the only one that can actually call him that!

 

Ross:  Thanks, sweetie.

 

Rachel:  What is your real reason Barry?

 

Barry:  All right, all right.  I have two reasons for coming down here.  My first reason is that I’m still in love with Rachel. 

 

Rachel and Ross:  What?

 

Everyone:  What!?

 

Barry:  That’s right.  I still love you Rach.  Dump Ross and come with me to Barbados.  I’m richer and thinner than the day you left me.  What do you say.  Tell me that you love me.

 

Rachel:  Barry, you must be the stupidest orthodontist in the world.  I don’t love you and I’m not going to dump Ross.  And you may be richer and thinner, but you’re balder and uglier than before.

 

 

-Everyone snickers at Barry.

 

 

Chandler:  So what was your second reason?

 

Barry:  Just to ruin the wedding.

 

Ross:  Yeah, I think you’re a little too late for that.

 

Chandler:  Maybe if you were with us before the flat tire, you could have ruined the wedding, but now you and Julie are just add-ons.  (Pauses) My mistake, you, Julie, and Emily!

 

 

-Everyone turns around again to reveal Emily walking towards the aisle.

 

 

Chandler:  Hey everyone, it’s Emily!

 

Father:  Oh, is it the Emily that was married to Ross, but Ross said Rachel’s name instead of hers at the altar?

 

Ross:  (Turns to the priest and says slowly) Yes Father, yes it is.

 

Emily:  Hello everyone, hello Ross, Rachel.

 

Rachel and Ross:  (Monotone voice) Hello.

 

Phoebe:  I wonder who’s going to show up next?

 

Emily:  I’m not here to say anything.  I believe my presence is enough to stop this wedding.

 

Dr. Green:  What’s your reason to stop this wedding!?  What did my angel and wet-head do to you?

 

Mrs. Green:  Remember, she was the British girl who married Ross, but he said Rachel’s name at the altar instead. 

 

Dr.  Green:  Oh, poor bastard.

 

Emily:  Yes, Rachel ruined my wedding day, the day I’ve waited for since I could remember.  Now it is only fair play Rachel.  And as for you Ross, you are the worst human being in the world.  You were married to me, but I knew you still loved Rachel.  How could you do that to me? 

 

 

-At this time, Ross and Rachel were stunned and at a loss for words.  Everyone there is also stunned and confused. 

 

 

Rachel:  Are you through, is everyone through?  Well I just like to say….Joshua!?

 

Joshua:  Yes Rachel, it’s me.  I hope it’s not too late.

 

Phoebe:  No, you’re just in time!

 

Chandler:  Is it just me or did Ross and Rachel’s ex-lovers plan all this?

 

Joshua:  Rachel, I know that this is a bad time, and I know I may be too late, but I just realized that I want to be with you now.  I know now what you meant by that proposal, and I know that it is a long shot, but (pauses) will you marry me?

 

Rachel:  Josh…Joshua, you’re about 5 years too late.  And to tell you the truth, I proposed to you because I was upset at losing Ross.  You guys, all you guys have to believe me when I tell you that every stupid little thing I have done is because of this man here!  (Points to Ross) I’m sorry Joshua, I’m in love with Ross, and have always been. 

 

Joshua:  Even when we were going out?

 

Rachel:  Yes.

 

Julie:  Join the club Joshua.

 

Rachel:  Okay!  Listen!  I know there are more out there, where are you guys, uh.  Come on, bring it!

 

Person:  Okay I will.

 

Rachel:  Hello, Mona.

 

Mona:  Hey, Rach.

 

Rachel:  So what’s your story? 

 

Mona:  Nothing, I just wish you two a great life together.

 

Ross:  Thank you, Mona.  (He smiles)

 

Mona:  Yes, and I hope you burn in hell living your great life.  (Ross’ mouth drops to the floor again)

 

Phoebe:  Ohh, how sweet!

 

Mrs. Green:  Rachel, what did this young girl do?

 

Rachel:  Nothing, just that Ross didn’t tell her when they were going out that he and I were going to have Emma together.

 

Mrs. Green:  Ross, how could you?

 

Ross:  You know, I just don’t know what to say or how to react from all this that has happened so far.

 

Chandler:  It’s best not to think about it.

 

Phoebe:  Yeah, this is like a messed up version of “This is Your Life.”  I wonder who’s next?

 

Person:  I believe it would be me.

 

Ross:  Tag, (slight pause) good timing.

 

Tag:  Thanks.  (Pauses) Rachel, I have been thinking this through and I would love to have that baby with you.  I know I’m young, but were great together.

 

Rachel:  Tag, no!  It’s too late.  Everyone, it’s too late.  I cannot believe this is happening!  This is our wedding day, can’t you guys see that!?  How did you all know about this?  And how dare the 6 of you would try and to stop me and Ross from getting married!  Is that what you want?  Do you guys want me not to marry Ross!?  I can’t deal with this!  I can’t!

 

 

-Rachel starts to cry and begins to leave, but Ross gets a hold of her hand and starts to finally talk.

 

 

Ross:  Okay, for the next minute or so, everyone, especially the six of you, are going to listen to me very carefully.

 

 

-Everyone is quiet, and Ross begins.

 

 

Ross:  I have listened to what all of you have to say.  I have stayed quiet through all this and now it is my turn to tell you guys something.  (Pauses) I know that Rachel and I have done horrible things to you guys, and we’re sorry.  But like Rachel said, we’re not sorry for ending up together.  And I am sick and tired of everyone saying how we should not be together.  Well, I know that there are some people that do want us to get married, like our family members, our closest friends, and me and Rachel.  (Turns to Rachel) Rach, I know that today isn’t going so well, and I don’t know how all these people got by the teenage usher, but I promise it will get better.  Rachel, who cares about what these people think or feel, this is our future, not theirs.  I know that you are a strong person, and I know that you will not let this little setback ruin the happiest day of our lives.  Let’s fight for us and prove to everyone that we are supposed to be together.  (Pauses) What do you say?

 

Rachel:  I say you should stop talking, and start remembering your vows.  (Smiles at him)

 

Ross:  (Smiles back) Let’s get married.

 

Rachel:  Yes.  Let’s get married.

 

Phoebe:  Finally!

 

Father:  I can begin again?  (Ross and Rachel nod their heads) Okay.  To the 6 party-poopers in the back, sit sown and be quiet or get out of here.  (All six of them find a seat and watch what they all knew was coming despite their efforts)  I don’t know why I’m mad because I’m getting paid by the hour.  It just seems to me that there are times for interrupting people and there are times to leave things as they are.  This was a time to leave things as is.  I don’t understand what you 6 had to prove to us all.  I don’t think anyone or anything could have stopped these two from marrying one another.   (Slight pause) Let us begin again.  Once again, I regret asking this question, but if there is anyone, besides the ones we’ve heard, feel that Ross and Rachel should not get married, speak up or forever hold your peace.  (Pauses) No one?  Are you sure?  Cause we’ve got time!  (Pauses) Okay then.  Dearly beloved, and the 6 in the back, we are gathered here today to-

 

Person:  Wait!

 

Father:  Of course!

 

Joey:  I have to say something.

 

Chandler:  Joey, don’t let peer pressure force you into anything.

 

Joey:  This has to be said before Ross and Rachel wed. 

 

Ross:  What is it Joe?

 

Joey:  I’m sorry Rachel, Ross is one of my best friends and I have to tell him what happened.

 

 

-Ross looks confused, as do the others.  Rachel looks down and then up at Joey.

 

 

Ross:  What did you want to tell me?

 

Joey:  (Pauses) Okay, here goes.  After Rachel had Emma, I accidentally proposed to Rachel with your grandmother’s engagement ring.

 

Chandler, Monica, and Phoebe:  What!?  (Ross is silent and Rachel looks at him worried)

 

Joey:  I’m so sorry Ross, I didn’t mean to drop your ring to the floor and then pick it up and turn around still on one knee and then looking like I was proposing.  It was just a reaction.  (Pauses) Ross, Ross, please say something.

 

Ross:  (Pauses) I don’t get it Joey, if it was an accident, and nothing happened, why are you apologizing and telling me now?

 

Rachel:  Something did happen Ross.

 

Ross:  (Slight pause) What happened?

 

Rachel:  I said yes.

 

Chandler, Monica, Phoebe, and everyone else:  What!?

 

Rachel:  I said yes to Joey’s proposal.

 

Phoebe:  I knew all those yes’s would make her a little slutty.

 

Ross:  (Pauses) I, I don’t know what to say.  I don’t know.  I don’t…

 

Rachel:  Ross, like Joey said, it was an accident.  Joey and I worked things out and we are good friends.  I know I said yes, but I wasn’t thinking.  (Pauses) I guess have to apologize to you and to Joey.  The reason I said yes was I thought that you didn’t want a relationship; that you didn’t want to go down that road again.  I was scared and Joey comforted me, and I felt that he could provide me with the safety and comfort I need.  (Pauses) I know that this looks bad, and I know that I did something wrong, but I’m telling you now and not later when we’re married.  (Looks at Joey) I’m sorry Joey for telling you this, and for telling you to keep it a secret. 

 

Joey:  It’s okay Rach; it’s okay.  (Pauses) See Ross, everything is fine.  Rachel said yes because she was unsure of how you felt about her, she doesn’t love me; she loves you!  I’m so sorry for not telling you earlier, and please, please do not end this wedding.  I promise you, it will be the biggest mistake of your life.  (Pauses) Ross?  Ross?

 

Ross:  (Pauses) Maybe I should have expected this coming, seeing how all the truth has come out today.  I’m a little embarrassed, a little speechless, and very shocked.  (Slight pause) But I’m not mad at anyone.  Joey, you’ve always been a good friend to me, and thank you for telling me, and thank you for doing the right thing. 

 

Joey:  You got it buddy.

 

Ross:  (Pauses) And Rach, what do you want me to say?  I guess now, we’ve been through everything.  And like the obstacles in our past, this one is not going to stop me from being with you.

 

 

-Rachel begins to smile.

 

 

Ross:  (To Rachel) I am not mad, but I am a little upset that you would question my true feelings about us, and how you could ever doubt my love for you.

 

 

-There is uncomfortable silence in the air, but Rachel breaks it and comes towards Ross.

 

 

Rachel:  (crying) I’m sorry for doubting you.

 

Ross:  I’m sorry for making you think twice about us.

 

Joey:  (crying) And I’m sorry for not having any tissues!

 

 

-Ross and Rachel hug each other and then they kissed.  The audience pleasantly applauded them.  Ross then came over to hug Joey telling him thank you, and that everything was going to be just fine.

 

 

Father:  Well, that was also very eventful.  I wonder what’s next?  Who secretly loves Rachel?  Huh, anybody?  Anybody love Ross?  Huh?  About half of you haven’t done anything!  Come on, who’s next!?

 

Person:  I would like to say something.

 

Ross and Rachel:  Gunther!?

 

Gunther:  Yes, I would like to say that I am secretly in love with Rachel ever since I met her, and I was going to stop the wedding like the people before me, but I realized that I would be fighting a losing battle, so I’ll just sit down and shut-up.

 

Rachel:  Thank you, Gunther.

 

Gunther:  You’re welcome, (whispering) sweetheart.

 

Father:  Okay.  Now, I’ve had it!  Is this wedding going to go on!?  The answer is yes.  You two are going to get married even if I have to take a couple of people to hell with me!  I’m a priest, I got connections!  (Pauses) Okay, one last and final time, is there anyone who wants to speak their mind at this so-called wedding!?  (Silence is in the air) Okay.  (Looks at Ross and Rachel) Are you guys ready to be married or should we continue this after all these people who spoke are dead?

 

Rachel:  I think it’s the right time to start.

 

Father:  Great.  And if anyone interrupts me again, I will see to it that you will be killed by midnight.  Okay, let’s begin!  (Slight pause, the priest looks around)  Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join Ross Geller and Rachel Green in holy matrimony.  Is there anyone else left in this world that would have a problem of these two getting married?  If you don’t say something now, you will have to forever hold your peace.  Anyone!?  Good, let us truly begin.  I believe that Rachel and Ross have written their own wedding vows.  At this point we will hear Rachel’s vows to Ross.

 

 

-Rachel says thank you to the Father and faces Ross.  They smile and Rachel begins…

 

 

Rachel:  This is what I wanted more than anything.  (Pause) I used to believe that you would grow up; meet someone, and that would be it.  Now I know that love is more complicated than ever.  (Slight pause) Before I met you, I was unsure of myself and unsure of my feelings for others.  But when you entered my life for the second time, everything that I felt was right.  You taught me how to live and you taught me how to love, and for that my heart belongs to you.  I don’t know what other obstacles may come our way, but we shouldn’t care about them.  They don’t scare me because we have each other.  My life is better, so much better because of you.  (Pauses and smiles with tears coming down her cheek) I cannot wait to be your wife.

 

Father:  Thank you Rachel.  Ross?

 

Ross:  Thank you, Father.  Rachel, (slight pause) you know that this final step or this beginning for us has been a tough and long ride.  The problems we faced, the fights we had, and the love we hid; somehow we still managed to end up right here.  (Slight pause)  No one else in the history of this world has loved someone more than I’ve loved you.  (Slight pause)  I was never satisfied with my life, not even with two great kids, or my dream job, or having the best friends in the world, unless you were a part of it.  You are why I live; you are my passion for life.  So, if you will let me, I want us to live our lives together, face our problems together, have fights together, and always love together.

 

 

-A lot of the guests are in tears, including Monica, Phoebe, and of course Rachel.

 

 

Father:  Thank you, can I have the rings please?  (Pause) Thank you Monica, thank you Chandler.  (Pause) Rachel, take this ring and place it on Ross’s finger as a sign of your never-ending love.  (Pause) Now, repeat after me.  I, Rachel…

 

Rachel:  I, Rachel…

 

Father:  Take thee Ross…

 

Rachel:  Take thee Ross…

 

Father:  To be my lawfully wedded husband, in sickness and in health, till death parts us.

 

Rachel:  To be my lawfully wedded husband, in sickness and in health, till death parts us.

 

 

-Shed of joyous tears flows down Rachel’s eyes, as the priest turns to Ross.

 

 

Father:  Now Ross, take this ring and place it around Rachel’s finger as a sign of your never-ending love.  Now repeat after me.  I, Ross…

 

Ross:  I, Ross…

 

Father:  Take thee Rachel…

 

Ross:  Take thee Emily…(everyone is stunned, but Ross and Rachel break out in a laugh).  Just joking everyone, Rachel and I thought it would be funny to say that.  Sorry everyone, and sorry Emily.

 

Father:  Okay, let’s try this again.  I, Ross…

 

Ross:  I, Ross…

 

Father:  Take thee Rachel…

 

Ross:  Take thee Rachel…

 

Father:  To be my lawfully wedded wife, in sickness and in health, till death parts us.

 

Ross:  To be my lawfully wedded wife, in sickness and in health, till death parts us.

 

 

-Ross and Rachel smile sweetly at each other as the guests applaud.

 

 

Father:  By the power vested in me by the state of New York, I now finally pronounce you man and wife.  You may now kiss the bride.

 

 

-Ross and Rachel share their first kiss as husband and wife.  The music starts to play and fireworks begin shooting into the late afternoon sky.  Ross and Rachel walk down the aisle accepting applauses and congratulations from their family and friends.  As for the 6 who interrupted the wedding, they had no expressions on their faces, just a sign that they’ve been defeated. 

 

-Ross and Rachel exited the cliff and got into their white horse carriage and rode off.  The wedding was finally over, but the adventure was just beginning.

 

-We are now in the ballroom for the reception party at the Waldorf Astoria in New York City.  As soft music filled the room, and as the bride and groom shared a kiss, Monica stood up and clicked her champagne glass.

 

 

Monica:  Excuse me, people.  (The guests turn to Monica) Thank you.  On behalf of everyone, I would like to say a few words to the new couple.  (Pause) It’s funny that I used the words “new couple”; Ross and Rachel are nothing but new.  For about 7 years or so, we all have watched them kiss, fight, and get married in Vegas.  (Ross and Rachel smile) I just didn’t understand why you two went through all of that just to be where everyone knew you guys would end up.  I guess it makes it more meaningful.  (Pause) To my brother Ross and to my new sister-in-law Rachel, I don’t care how you guys got together, just as long as you’re together now.  Cheers!

 

 

-Applauses all around and Rachel starts to cry again.  Then Chandler stood up.

 

 

Chandler:  A couple of years ago Joey said that there are no two people in the world that are more perfect for each other than Monica and me.  Well, he was right, (smiles at Monica) but Ross and Rachel are right up there.  Even though you guys argue constantly about the dumbest things, and basically never agree on anything, it’s who you guys are, and it’s why we all love you.  So don’t change, and for the love of God, please don’t get divorced again, and then get married again.  I don’t think anyone here can handle another wedding ever again.

 

 

-Another heart felt applause as Phoebe stands up to give her speech.

 

 

Phoebe:  I would like to thank Ross and Rachel for finally getting together, because it proves that my predictions of everlasting love are true.  Ross and Rachel are living proof that dreams do come true, and it seems as though these two have to be together to keep the hopes of humanity alive.  (Pause) People say that the journey is more important than the destination, as for Ross and Rachel; I think the destination of where they are now is just as important as the journey they’ve been through.  Congratulations you two!

 

 

-Rachel right now is teary-eyed as Ross is just smiling sweetly at his wife and his friends.

 

 

Joey:  Wow, I don’t know what to say with all the great and meaningful speeches that have just been said.  I guess I should tell you guys how I really feel.  (Pauses) I have never had a real love before, and I’ve never had someone love me back.  And I cannot wait until that happens to me.  Ross and Rachel have got what anyone who is single, or unhappy, or divorced wants; true love.  And I am so crazy for trying to get in the way of you two.  I’m sorry and I’m so happy that you two are together.  To Ross and Rachel, may they live their lives to the fullest and may they never forget what’s important.

 

All:  Here, here! (Applauses all around)

 

 

-Ross and Rachel stood up and thanked their friends.  Then a favorite song of Ross and Rachel’s came up, then the two went to the dance floor.  Rachel fell into Ross’ embrace and Ross wrapped his arms around Rachel’s body, never letting it go.  All eyes were on them as family members and friends watch on.

 

-After the reception, Rachel went to Phoebe to give her the bouquet.  She told Phoebe that it was now her turn to get married.  The two hugged as the rest of the gang comes in and says their good-byes.  Ross, Rachel, and Emma were on their way to Montego Bay, Jamaica for their honeymoon.

 

-Standing at the site of the wedding with a sleeping Emma in her arms, Rachel whispered.

 

 

Rachel:  So what now, Mr. Geller?

 

Ross:  I don’t know.  I guess we have to spend the rest of our lives together.

 

Rachel:  Okay, I guess I can do that.  (She smiles and so does he)  (Sighs) What a day.

 

Ross:  I know; it couldn’t of been better. 

 

 

 

 

 

The End…                                                       Saturday July 13, 2002