TOW The Vacation Part I

 

 

[Monica and Chandler's- night] (Monica is sitting at the table talking to Ross)

 

Monica: So your love life is at a fall out for now, soon everything will be fine. Who is it exactly that is making you feel this way?

 

Ross: Well, Monica, I have had 3 failed marriages! I don't know what to do! I want to settle down and start a family!  I-I-I'm tired of being alone.

 

Monica: Ok, who is it you want to start this family with though?

 

Ross: I have been feeling, y'know, really weird around Rachel lately.

 

Monica: Ross, I don't think you and her would work out.

 

Ross: Yea, but she said she still loved me after Emily had left me.

 

Monica: I know, Ross.

 

Ross: Yea, and yesterday, when she hugged me after she had gotten her raise, I uh, I didn't want to let go.

 

Monica: Yeah Ross, I think you've got it bad. But Ross...

 

Ross: (excitedly) Should I tell her how I feel?

 

Monica: Ross...

 

Ross: Okay, bye Mon!

 

             (Ross exits)

 

Monica:  She's seeing a guy Named Andy.

 

                (OPENING CREDITS)

 

[Rachel and Joey's](Rachel is sitting on the counter reading a magazine as Ross bursts in)

 

Rachel: ROSS! What are you doing barging in at...(looks at the clock) 1 am?

 

Ross: I'm sorry, but I need to talk to you.

 

Rachel: What?

 

Ross: Okay, Do you still love me?

 

Rachel: Huh?

 

Ross: You said; after Emily left me that you still love me. Do you, Do you sill love me?

 

Rachel: Ross, I said that a long time ago! I wasn't thinking. You need to know that I will, for the rest of my life, be miserable with jealousy no matter whom you date. Remember Bonnie? I re-convinced her to shave her head so that...

 

Ross: (steps closer) Do-you-still-love-me?

 

Rachel: (her eyes almost fill with tears, but she controls herself.) No. Ross, I have a boyfriend and I love him. (She sounds as if trying to convince herself)

 

Ross: Okay, that was all I wanted to know. (Weak smile)

 

Rachel: Are you upset?

 

Ross: (lying) No, not at all. I just wanted to know.

 

Rachel: Ok, in that case I'm going to bed, but I'll see you tomorrow.

 

Ross: Bye.

 

      (Ross leaves. Rachel Exhales as if trying to hide something. Her true feelings maybe? Hmmmmmm.....)

 

              [Central Perk] (Whole gang is there, minus Phoebe)

 

Monica: So why do guys always do that?

 

Joey: See, women get all emotional after a break-up, they cry to their friends. It's a way of healing, if you will, so bars, to us, are places to go for us to pretend like we are ok.

 

Chandler: Was that all one big sentence?

 

Rachel: Or in my case, people get exceedingly depressed and indulge themselves in "stuff" that ends up ruining the relationship.

 

Ross: (Smiles, sarcastically that is) I know Rachel I totally agree! (Smile fades, then he says coldly:) I have to go. Bye guys, Rachel.

 

All: Bye, See ya, Later...etc.

 

             (Pheobe enters, Ross harshly bumps into her)

 

Pheobe: OW! Bye to you too Ross! (Sits) Guess what!

 

All: Huh? Yea? What? What's up?

 

Pheobe: I won $20,000 with a lottery card!

 

All: Wow! Holy Cow! Etc.

 

Rachel: $20,000! Wow! What are you planning to do with it?

 

Pheobe: First I am going to take you all out to Dinner, and then we are all going on a vacation!

 

Monica: Hmmmm....

 

Pheobe: What?

 

Monica: Oh, nothing, I just figured that you would give it to the poor or something.

 

Pheobe: Yea right! Those losers chose their lives, not me!

 

 Chandler: And now we know why Pheobe never won the Miss American Pageant!

 

Pheobe: Anyways, I didn't want to spend too much of the money right away, so I only bought 3 suits for our vacation. Here is where everyone will be sleeping: Monica and Chandler (hands then their suit receipt)

 

Chandler: Gross.

 

Monica: What???

 

Chandler: I love you, Honey.

 

Pheobe: Joey, you will be staying with me. (We look over at Joey who looks pleased) Hey you...

 

Joey: How you Doin'?

 

Chandler: Okay, Don't tell me Rachel and Ross will be in Suit number 3?

 

Pheobe: Yea, I don’t know about you, but I think Ross and Rachel should get back together again!

 

Rachel: Um, Guys, I'm still here!

 

Chandler: No, seriously, why aren't you two together?

 

Rachel: Well, Um, Ross and I are very, very, different people.

 

Monica: Rach, do you still love him?

 

               COMMERCIAL BREAK

 

Monica: Rachel do you still love him?

 

Rachel: No!

 

Joey: Are you sure? Coz' he's always flirtin' with you.

 

Rachel: So he flirts a bit with me!

 

Pheobe: But you always  flirt back!

 

Monica: Do you love him?

 

Rachel (angry, stands) NO! And what is this? Jeopardy has fewer questions for chissakes!! I have to go!

 

Monica: Wait! Rachel! The other night, Ross went to your apartment to talk to you didn't he?

 

Rachel: Yes. He was asking me if I loved him.

 

Monica: What did you say?

 

Rachel: NO!

 

Monica: that's why he has been so bizarre lately! Rachel, he was going to let you know that he still loves you, but you said no so he chickened out!

 

Rachel: Okay, I have had enough! I will see you all tomorrow!

 

         

         (Rachel storms out)

 

Joey: (grabs her Muffin) Do you think she'll mind if I eat this?

 

Chandler: Look out Joey! She sees you have her 50-cent muffin! You're in for it now!

 

        (Joey chucks the muffin at Phoebe)

 

Pheobe: OW!

 

Joey: Oh, you where joking. (He walks over and takes the muffin back.)

 

Pheobe: Well, I guess that I need you go tell Ross to get ready for our trip!

 

Monica: Hey Pheebs, where are we going?

 

Pheobe: Oh! The Atlantis Resort for 6 days.

 

Joey: Pheobe!  It's a thousand dollars a night for those suits! You'll be paying $18,000 for all of us!

 

Pheobe: So?

 

Monica: Ok!

 

Chandler: (stunned) Did Joey just do all of that math in his head?

 

                 (They all stare at Joey who is now sniffing the muffin, and then he takes a oversize mouthful)

 

Joey: (with his mouthful and crumbs falling from his mouth) What?

 

     [Ross' Apt.] (Ross is sitting on the couch, and Rachel enters)

 

Rachel: Hey Ross!

 

Ross: Hey.

 

Rachel: I hope you aren't mad at me for what I said at the coffee house. Are you?

 

Ross: No, I'm fine.

 

Rachel: Well, you'd better start packing.

 

Ross: Why?

 

Rachel: Pheobe won 20,000 dollars on a lottery ticket! She is sending us all on a trip!

 

Ross: When? Where?

 

Rachel: Well, on my way here I bumped into Monica who said the Atlantis Resort. Next week actually!

 

Ross: Oh, wow, I can't go.

 

Rachel: Oh Ross! Why?

 

Ross: Um, I can't get the time off work.

 

Rachel: Oh, that sucks. Yea, Pheobe only got three suits. She seperated who slept where and you and me would be sharing suit number three.

 

Ross: (convinced) I'll call my boss.

 

             COMMERCIAL BREAK

 

   [AIRPLANE] (Everyone is there waiting for the plane to take off. Joey is by Pheobe, Ross by Rachel, and Chandler by Monica in three rows)

 

Joey: I Love flying! I can’t wait to take off!

 

(The engine of the plane starts)

 

Rachel: (Grabs Ross’ hand) I hate flying!

 

Ross: (Caring) It’s all right. I promise nothing will happen.

 

              (Rachel  sort of lets out a whine as the plane gets airborne)

 

Ross: Rachel, trust me you’ll be fine (he kisses her hand) as long as I’m here.

 

Rachel: (realizing) Yea, maybe I will be, as long as you’re here.

 

                (She smiles to herself as they all head to Atlantis. So does he. )

 

                                 End of Part l, Read Part 2 to find out what happens next!