Ross and Rachel forum Forum Index Ross and Rachel forum
A forum to discuus Ross, Rachel, Friends and everything else

FAQFAQ      SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chocolate-dipped orange shortbread hearts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ross and Rachel forum Forum Index -> Tastes good ...
 << View previous topic:   ::  View next topic: >>  
ZXY_Friends_Fan
Could I BE a bigger Friends fan?

Post Chocolate-dipped orange shortbread hearts
Sun Dec 22, 2002 11:15 pm
Reply to topic Reply with quote

CHOCOLATE-DIPPED ORANGE SHORTBREAD HEARTS

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon freshly grated orange zest (from about 2 navel oranges)
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon fresh orange juice
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
6 ounces fine-quality bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened), chopped

Preheat oven to 325F.

In a bowl whisk together flour, zest, and salt. In another bowl with an electric mixer beat butter, juice, and confectioner's sugar until light and fluffy and beat in flour mixture until a dough is just formed. Pat dough into a disk and chill, wrapped in plastic wrap, 30 minutes, or until firm.

On a lightly floured surface with a floured rolling pin roll dough into a 13- by 12-inch rectangle (about 1/3 inch thick). Cut out cookies with a 3 1/2- to 4-inch heart-shaped cutter dipped in flour and arrange 1 inch apart on baking sheets. Using dough scraps, roll and cut out more cookies in same manner. Bake shortbread in batches in middle of oven 10 to 15 minutes, or until pale golden, and cool completely on baking sheets on racks. Carefully transfer cookies to a platter.

In a double boiler or in a metal bowl set over pan of barely simmering water melt chocolate, stirring until smooth. Pour warm chocolate onto a plate and dip in half of top side of each cookie, transferring cookies, chocolate sides up, to a wax-paper-lined tray. Chill cookies until chocolate is hardened. Cookies keep, chilled, in a airtight container 4 days.

Makes about 12 cookies.

this is really good. I altered it a bit, and it was amazing. I didn't dip the cookies, I just drizzled chocolate over them, it was much easier and you don't want to drown out the orange flavour of the cookies.
Lovelyliss23
A Ross and Rachel obsessed fanatic

Reply to topic Reply with quote

sounds really yummy!
 << View previous topic:   ::  View next topic: >>  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ross and Rachel forum Forum Index -> Tastes good ... All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: