FRIENDS Fan fiction

Episode - 703

TOWT All Go To Hospital

Part 2

 

By: Mercedes

 

Disclaimer: These characters do not belong to me, but to Bright, Kaufman and Crane Productions and Warner Bros.   Their use is not intended for profit, only for entertainment.

 

Note: This carries on exactly from episode 702 (TOWT All Go To Hospital Part 1) so you might get very confused. Mind you, I don’t know why you would read Part 2 of something before Part 1! Anyway, I hope you like it.

 

Cast – Jennifer Aniston as Rachel, Courteney Cox as Monica, Lisa Kudrow as Phoebe, Matt LeBlanc as Joey, Matthew Perry as Chandler and David Schwimmer as Ross.

Christina Pickles as Judy Geller

Elliot Gould as Jack Geller

Elizabeth Taylor is Sally Matthews

Robert Downey Jr is Sam Matthews

…………………. is Dr Driscoll

…………………. is the nurse

 

Scene 1 – Rachel and Ross are in the room with Ross’s dad. Ross is looking sadly at him while Rachel watches him, not knowing whether to comfort him.

 

Rachel: Are you ok?

 

Ross: (quietly) What do you think?

 

Rachel: I’m sorry?

Ross: It’s a stupid question.

 

Rachel: I was trying to be nice.

 

Ross: Of course I’m not ok. My dad has to stay here until he gets better.

 

Rachel: Why are you telling me off for trying to comfort you?

Ross: I just don’t feel that we can really talk right now.

 

Rachel: Why not?

 

Ross: You know why. You’ve just been rubbing it in my face.

 

Rachel: What?!

 

Ross: First you reject me, then you go off with my cousin and flirt as though I’m not here…rubbing it in.

 

Rachel: I’m sorry that you’re upset but it’s gonna happen sometime. I had to go through this when you were with Emily, with Bonnie and I can tell you, you will never understand what I went through when you slept with Chloe.

 

Ross: Look, I’m sorry about that but with all of those people, I thought that you were ok with them. You introduced me to Emily, you approved of Bonnie, even became friends with her and for the last time…WE (notices Jack. Whispers) We were on a break. See with this, you know that I’m not ok with it. If you had just asked me to get back together with you, would you expect to be ok with seeing me with other women.

 

Rachel: Ross, it’s over. It has been for a long time and I don’t think that here is the right place to be arguing.

 

Ross: Seems perfectly fine to me. I mean, he’s not gonna listen (Gestures to his dad).

 

Rachel: (with a cold stare on her face) It may be fine for you but I don’t want to have an argument with you. You’re my friend. (she walks out of the room)

Ross: (looks at her with a sad expression as she leaves. Then looks down at his dad.) I am so glad you’re not awake.

 

Cuts to: The waiting room outside. Rachel has just sat down next to Monica who is sitting in Chandler’s arms.

 

Monica: What happened?

Rachel: He just got into something. He was trying to have an argument with me.

 

Monica: I’m sorry. I don’t know what’s got into him recently. He’s been really weird about you. Nothing has happened with you recently has it?

 

Rachel: (uneasy. Looking down) Uh…no. Excuse me for a minute. (she leaves. Monica looks at Chandler but he gives her a “I’d-leave-her-to-work-it-out-for-herself” look. Joey and Phoebe enter, slightly out of breath)

 

Chandler: Joey?! What are you doing here?

 

Joey: Ross called us. He told us about what happened. We came down here as soon as possible. Mon are you alright? I thought that you know, Chandler would be comforting you so Ross might need someone.

 

Monica: Well…uh…Rachel’s here.

 

Joey: Yeah, but you know how it is between them…

 

Monica: No. But Ross has been weird. Do you know what’s wrong?

 

Joey: Well, I’d ask Ross if I were you. Or Rachel. It’s really not my place to say.

 

Chandler: If there’s something you know shouldn’t you tell us?

Joey: Uhhhhhh…I don’t know…okay. But you can’t tell either of them that I told you. Well, basically Ross asked Rachel to get back together and Rachel refused. She basically said that it would never happen.

Monica: Oh my god. He must be crushed.

 

Chandler: Yeah, that’s probably what he was arguing with Rach.

 

Monica: Oh god. She was flirting with Sam earlier. Oh god. Joey, go talk to Ross. He’s in there. I’ll go speak to Rachel.

 

Joey: You know what, I think it would be best if I spoke to Rach and you went to speak to Ross. I mean he’s YOUR brother.

 

Monica: Are you sure?

Joey: Yeah, I think that that would be best.

 

Monica: Whatever.

 

Chandler: I guess Phoebe and I will just stay here.

 

Phoebe: Ok!

 

Cuts to: Rachel walking around near the coffee machine. She is pacing back and forth. Joey comes along.

 

Joey: Rach, are you ok?

 

Rachel: Joey? What are you doing here?

Joey: I just thought that it would be helpful with more people here. Ya know, more shoulders to cry on.

 

Rachel: I don’t need a shoulder to cry on.

 

Joey: No, Ross and Monica.

 

Rachel: Oh right, that. Yeah. Good idea.

 

Joey: Are you alright?

 

Rachel: Yeah…well, I’ll be okay.

 

Joey: Rachel, you’ve just got to understand that it’s not your fault. He should just move on.

 

Rachel: Who?

 

Joey: Ross!

 

Rachel: Oh, I’m sorry. It’s just I thought he didn’t want anyone else to know.

 

Joey: Then how come you told me?

Rachel: I dunno, I didn’t want to tell Monica, he’s her brother and I don’t know how she would react.

 

Joey: (hugs her) Well, it’s gonna be ok. It’ll all clear up soon.

 

Rachel: (laughs ¼-heartedly) Well, it better be very soon.

 

Joey: Come on, let’s go back. I’m sure he’s just upset.

 

Rachel: Thanks Joey.

 

Joey: Ok.

 

COMMERCIAL BREAK

 

Scene 2 – Ross is in the room with Monica. She has obviously just entered. He is looking sullen.

 

Monica: You’ve got to talk to her.

 

Ross: Who?

Monica: Don’t play dumb. You know who.

 

Ross: I don’t feel like it. (he’s really acting like a sulky 6-year-old now. No offence to 6 year olds)

 

Monica: Look, her rejecting you doesn’t mean that she doesn’t love you. It just means that she doesn’t love you in that way.

 

Ross: I know why she rejected me and it’s not that, well, partly but…wait…how do you know?

 

Monica: Uh…well, Joey kinda let it slip.

 

Ross: Joey knows?

Monica: Well, yeah. Didn’t you tell him?

 

Ross: No.

 

Monica: That’s weird. Rachel must have told him. Huh! I thought the person she would have told would be me.

 

Ross: Well…

 

Monica: Ross! I’m her best friend. I always tell her stuff.

 

Ross: Now, don’t you get upset!

 

Monica: You know what…I’m gonna talk to her. I’m gonna find out what is going on!

 

Cuts to: Chandler is sitting there with Phoebe. She is going on about something but he is obviously being bored by it. Monica enters. She looks around.

 

Monica: Have you seen Rachel?

Chandler: Uh…no sweetie.

 

Monica: You know she told Joey before she told me!

 

Chandler: Well…I guess she saw him first.

 

Monica: No! When she gets back here, she’s gonna wish she never…got back here!

 

(Rachel and Joey enter)

 

Rachel: Oh, hey Phoebe!

Monica: Yeah, that’s right. Ignore me!

 

Rachel: I’ve seen you already today. I was saying hi because I hadn’t seen her.

 

Monica: Yeah, well…what’s this about you telling Joey before me?

 

Rachel: It’s nothing really. It’s just that you’re…

 

Monica: I’m what? Not your best friend anymore!

 

Rachel: Monica! I didn’t say that. It’s nothing to do with us being friends.

 

Monica: Obviously!

 

Rachel: Look! If you don’t stop twisting my words then…

 

Joey: Why don’t you two calm down.

 

Monica and Rachel (in unison): SHUT UP!

 

Joey: (backing away) Ok. Didn’t say a word.

 

Rachel: Look, there is something that you’re not telling me. I can’t help you if you don’t tell me what that thing is.

 

Monica: Now you’re throwing the blame on me! Yeah, that’s you “No-Responsibility-Rach.” Well, excuse me but I have to go to the bathroom.

 

Rachel: I can take care of myself!

 

Chandler: I think she wants me to go after her.

 

Monica: (from off camera) Chandler!

 

Chandler: Yeah, that’s me!

(he leaves)

 

(Ross enters. He sees Rachel and turns to go out the way Monica exited. Rachel stops him)

 

Rachel: Look, Ross. I don’t want to fight. It’s just not what I want to think about right now. Not this moment and not today.

 

Joey: I’m gonna go.

 

Pheobe: Good idea.

 

(They exit)

Ross: Rachel, if you have a point please get to it.


Rachel: I just want to say that yes, I would be lying if I said a tiny part of me didn’t want to be with you. But there is a much bigger part of me that knows that it would be better for me to just be your friend.

 

Ross: See that’s where you’re wrong. I think that even if you feel this way I think we could be a much better thing if we were together. You know it would be right.

 

Rachel: That’s the thing Ross. I don’t agree with that. Now, please, I think I should go.

 

Ross: I don’t know what you’re trying to do to me but telling me that a part of you wants to be with me doesn’t help and flirting with my cousin definitely isn’t making ANYTHING better.

Rachel: Firstly, I only wanted to tell you the truth. I think we should be honest. And I don’t think you should be able to tell me what to do and not to do. For your information nothing happened.

 

Ross: Doesn’t mean that that’s how you wanted it.

 

Rachel: Now you’re telling me what I want?

 

Ross: Look, you didn’t have to flaunt it and you know that.

 

Rachel: As I said earlier, I don’t want to argue. I just wanted to sort this out.

 

Ross: Well, I think that the only way we can help this situation is by spending some time apart.

 

Rachel: Is that what you want?

 

Ross: That’s not my ideal choice but it’s the most appealing.

 

(He looks at her with a sad look on his face. She is upset clearly)

Cut to:

Monica sitting down on a portable hospital bed with Chandler like in “The One-Hundredth” and she is leaning against him and he has his arm around her.

 

Monica: I don’t know why she didn’t tell me. I just don’t understand.

 

Chandler: Perhaps you were out or something. You know what it’s like. You’re busy with the wedding, she lives with him. You might not have noticed that something was up and he did.


Monica: What are you saying?

Chandler: I’m just saying that perhaps it’s just because you’ve been busy.

 

Monica: Well, why would she have said all that stuff earlier…you know about how…well, when she said that…she said how this was my fault.

 

Chandler: Well, yes, she shouldn’t have said that. Perhaps she just meant that if you hadn’t been so busy with the wedding she would have.

 

Monica: Who’s side are you on?

Chandler: All I’m saying is that perhaps everything was said in the wrong way. She might have been about to say something reasonable but it came out wrongly so it upset you.

 

Monica: Yeah, well, I’m going to wait for her to say sorry. If there really is nothing wrong then she’ll come to me. Thanks Chandler.

 

Chandler: That’s okay Mon. Anyway, it’s getting pretty late. Do you want to go home now?

 

Monica: (getting up) Yeah. Let’s go.

 

(They go out with their arms around eachother. Her head rests on his shoulder as they exit).

 

ENDING CREDITS

 

Phoebe, Rachel and Joey are outside waiting for a cab.

 

Phoebe: Are you sure we should leave Ross?

 

Joey: He’ll probably get a cab with Monica and Chandler. I’m sure he can take care of himself.

 

Swift cut to:

Ross looking around, the waiting room, the corridor where the bathrooms are.

 

Ross: (calling out) Phoebe! Joey! Monica! (to himself, confused.) Where’d everybody go?