The Lost Love

Ross watched as she threw the bouquet over the back of her head, in her white wedding dress. God she was beautiful. Her veil was tipped slightly to the side, but she didn't seem to notice. He watched as Monica leapt for the bouquet, retrieved it, and laughed and screamed in joy. He stood by himself in the corner, sad, depressed and lonely.
It had, after all, only been a couple of months since they had broken up. He hadn't expected her to move on so fast. If only he hadn't been so stupid, as to tell her that he didn't want her when he knew that he needed her more then anything in the world.
*Flashback*
"I'm sorry! I didn't mean that I wanted to break up! I said that maybe we should take a break! I love you. I want you." Rachel finished whispering.
"That to me is a break up!" Ross shouted, his words slicing through the silence like a knife. "And what makes you think the I want you?" He immediately regretted it, but never knew that he would regret it for the rest of his life.
Rachel started crying, but quickly stopped.
"Well then you know what?" She shouted. "Just get the hell out of my apartment and don't come back!"
"Fine."

He felt his eyes cloud over as he came back to the present day, and saw her husband kiss her on the lips. Paul's lips. Rachel's lips. Not his lips. Those lips would never be his again. He would never be able to brush back her long golden hair, or look deeply and lovingly into her large green eyes. The eyes that set him afire when they looked intently into his. He would never again be able to hold her, touch her, love her, and tell her that everything was going to be all right. Because it wouldn't.
Ross looked up at the ceiling to try to hide his tears. Why had he ever agreed to come to this wedding? So that he could try to show his friends that he was reaching closure? He knew that he never would.
He wiped his eyes and chuckled as Monica and Chandler danced by him. Monica waved her bouquet around and Chandler wore the garter that he had caught.
Rachel noticed Ross standing uncomfortably in the corner, and tried to smile. He made no effort to smile back. She could see how hurt he was, without a doubt. She started to walk over, her dress's tail dragging along the bare wooden floor. He quickly shook his head, and motioned for her to stop. A single tear slid down her face, as she wiped at it absently with the edge of her veil.
Ross finally smiled sadly. He turned around to leave, and silently whispered,
"Best of luck in life, Rachel. I love you."
His brown eyes melted as he stepped out into the sun, never to be seen again.